“Invigorating STEM in Cambodia”
High school students in grades 9 through 12 are invited to enter our Poster Contest.
The top posters will be on display April 29-30, 2017 during 13 th Annual Cambodia
STEM Festival at Kohpich Bulding ABC.
The poster will interpret a specific subject of one of the STEM (Science,
Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) areas. The poster needs to attract the
attention of young Cambodians and deliver a core message about the exciting
opportunities in STEM. We want them to get excited about STEM opportunities
and with the help of the poster design, motivate them to seek more information in
First Place – $200
Second Place – $150
Third Place – $100
1. Each poster must be the work of one or two student(s).
2. The poster concept and design and any photos or artwork used must be the original work of
the student; or must have the rights for free to use and share.
3. Posters must be on poster-sized paper (18″ x 24″ or 45 x 60 cm).
4. If charcoal, pastels or glitter are used, the poster must be either laminated or covered with
5. If your work is prepared on computer, send entries to: firstname.lastname@example.org as .jpg or
6. Posters should be posted to “STEM Cambodia NGO, No: 2843, St: 3, Sangkat Tonle Basak,
Khan Chamkar Morn, Phnom Penh.”
7. The following information must be included on the back of the poster (or in the email):
student’s name, mailing address, e-mail, phone number, school, school address, grade and
supervising teacher’s name (if there is).
8. Judges from academic arenas will select the winners. They will consider originality, artistic
excellence, aesthetic effect, and relativity to the theme. The competition is open to all full-
time high school students.
The format of the poster is at the discretion of the presenter. However, it should be sufficient to
technically explain and illustrate the project to the public and the judges. Presenters should
carefully critique the content and arrangement of their posters. The flow of information in the
poster layout should be done in a way that easily reveals the process and addresses important
points. Graphs, charts, tables and references should be used.